A Self-Assessment For The Entrepreneur

I confess that although I love to read, does not attract me much self-help literature. But when people you trust me recommend a book with that theme, I read it. And so I discovered some inspirational works. One of them is "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. When I read his first title, I figured I would get so focused on material wealth and do so on a 'mental attraction', so I was not interested at all.

But the truth is that, as I had been told, the book speaks of wealth in a much broader sense of fulfillment, and places great emphasis on self-awareness and work to achieve goals. Much more in line with what I believe.

I read "Think and Grow Rich" a year ago, and now we are ending it, and this is my last post of 2009, I share with you some of the text, which I find very useful for self-assessment. What Napoleon Hill called the 'personal inventory':

1. Have I reached the goal I had set a goal this year? (You must work to achieve an annual target set as part of your major life objective).
2. Have I offered my services with quality and according to my level, or could improve in some way?
3. I've worked all I could?
4. Has it always been harmonious and cooperative spirit of my conduct?
5. Have I permitted the habit of procrastination (leave work for later) decrease my efficiency? If so, to what extent?
6. Have I improved my personality? If so, how?
7. Have I been consistent in following my plans through?
8. Have I made my decisions quickly and definitely every time?
9. Have I allowed one of the six basic fears (fear of poverty, criticism, illness, loss of love, aging, death), or some other, decrease my efficiency?
10. Have I shown excessive caution or, on the contrary, I have been reckless?
11. My relationship with my colleagues, have been pleasant or unpleasant? If it was ugly, did my fault or just part?
12. Have I dissipated my energy through lack of concentration in the effort?
13. Have I kept an open mind and tolerant at all times?
14. How I improved my ability to work?
15. Have I ceased to be moderate in any of my eating habits (eating, drinking, etc.).?
16. Have I expressed overtly or covertly any form of egotism (excessive emphasis on oneself and one's own life experiences)?
17. My behavior with my colleagues, do has led to respect me?
18. My opinions and decisions, have they been based on conjecture, or the accuracy of my analysis and my ideas?
19. Have I followed the habit of budgeting my time, my expenses and my income so conservative?
20. How much time could have used better spent on unproductive efforts have?
21. How I can rearrange my time and change my habits to be more efficient next year?
22. Am I guilty of any conduct acknowledge that my conscience does not approve?
23. How I worked harder and better than my pay (salary), I impose?
24. Have I shown unfair to anyone? If so, how?
25. If I were the buyer of my own services this past year, would you be satisfied?
26. Am I on the job I like? If not, why not?
27. The buying my services, have been satisfied? If not, why not?

"Evaluate fairly and honestly," says Hill, "and seeks an assessment of someone who has the courage to do it accurately."

I wish everyone a happy New Year and a better start coming!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Recent Posts

Privacy policy